Breast pain in pregnancy: when it starts, how long and remedies
Breast pain is not just a symptom of pregnancy itself, but it is one that can announce it. In fact, it is one of the first symptoms appear. Of course, first you have to confirm the pregnancy and avoid confusion, because breast pain is also typical of premenstrual syndrome. We discover in detail what are the symptoms of each and their major differences are.
By menstruation breast pain
When a woman is pregnant, the sensation of pain is accompanied by the first breast changes, such as increased size and nipple that usually becomes darker and areola becomes larger. This does not occur during the premenstrual period, where although an increase in breast size is given, No change is observed in the nipple and pain usually goes away after about two days.
Changes in the breasts during pregnancy
As is noted, changes in the breasts can be a first signal of a pregnancy. In fact, it may appear about two weeks after conception. More noticeable breasts swollen, even painful, but mostly Different to the touch and sight.
Pain in the chest, as noted, can be mistaken for one of premenstrual symptoms. However, doubts will be resolved within a few weeks, when the Area around the nipple change hue and it gets bigger, something that does not happen naturally with the arrival of menstruation.
Breast changes that respond to hormones and the Preparing the body for future breastfeeding women of the baby. Chest pain should not be underestimated, as it can be very annoying, even some women admit having trouble carrying bra or even not be able to sleep on my stomach. This is due to an increased sensitivity of the breasts.
How long chest pain?
Like other common discomforts of pregnancy, pain is variable and its Duration and intensity depends on each woman. Thus, there are women who suffer serious discomfort, while others just experience changes in the breast.
Usually, the chest discomfort appear within a few weeks of conception, tending to decrease from the second trimester of pregnancy. Often the pain is intermittent, ie, comes and goes. From the third quarter, in addition, the nipples may begin to secrete a yellowish substance and dense. Its about Colostrum, liquid produced in the first few hours after birth.
Remedies to relieve breast pain
If the chest pain is very pronounced, we can use some natural remedies, such as applying Cold compresses and warm water, and prevent underwire bras (may irritate the area) and prevent stomach sleeping. it is best to sleep on your side, as well gynecologists recommend.
You may also be interested in: Tingling in the womb during pregnancy: Causes and what to do and symptoms of pregnancy: do not confuse with the rule.
Stabbing Pain In Breast During Pregnancy And While Breastfeeding
Stabbing Pain in Breast During Pregnancy and While Breastfeeding
Breast pain during pregnancy is one of the earliest signs of being heavy with a baby. But some women may report the pain from time to time even when not pregnant.
Causes of Stabbing Pain in Breast
What causes Stabbing pain in breast pregnancy and while breastfeeding? This usually involves hormone-related causes and other causes such as the following.
- Fibrocystic breast changes. They involve the formation of cysts that becomes swollen in the breast tissue.
- Hormonal imbalance. Different hormones dominate in different stages of pregnancy.
- Breast milk production.
Burning Pain in Breast Symptoms
Other associated symptoms are:
- Milky discharge
- Inflammation of the breast
- Pain radiating to other parts of the body
Sharp Stabbing Pain in Breast Treatment
Stabbing pain in breast pregnancy and while breastfeeding home remedies and treatment includes the following:
- Apply warm compress to the affected breast for 15 to 20 minutes or depending on how much of the warmth you can tolerate.
- You can also try cold compresses.
7 Ways To Ease The Trauma Of Itching Breasts During Pregnancy
In a feminine framework, it is the breasts that nestles the pride of every women. But these hilly contours of feminine beauty could be subjected to itching and rashes eventually making it an uncomfortable and embarrassing affair.
But if you are on the fence wondering can itchy breasts be an early sign of pregnancy, then there is more that you need to know.
Breast Itching During PregnancyВ вЂ“ Causes:
The occurrence of itchy breasts is infrequent in most women. The common causes of breast itching and nipple tenderness are:
- Hormonal changes in prior or during regular menstrual cycle.
- Sporting ill-fitting bras and clothing especially while exercising.
- Sunburn and scratching the breast with long fingernails.
- Application of scented perfumes and ointments on chest.
- Skin disorders like dermatitis, chest acne, PagetвЂ™s disease (a rare form of cancer) et al.
Can Itchy Breast Be A Sign Of Pregnancy?
Pregnancy invites physical and hormonal changes to the body. Is itchy breast a sign of pregnancy? It is a phase when the body commences its preparation for the baby which would include preparing the breast for milk production.
- Tender and itchy breasts, being one of those, are expected to start in a weekвЂ™s time after implantation.
- Thus the breasts undergo many changes eventually landing in itching and tenderness issues that would be slightly more intense that the ones experienced during normal menstrual cycle.
Since this issue could be a result of other medical causes as well, confirming the pregnancy through a simple pregnancy test would be advisable.
Breast Itching During Early Pregnancy:
Breast itching and nipple tenderness during pregnancy are an outcome of:
- Various hormonal changes in the body which increase the blood supply in the breasts thus making it larger in size.
- Formation of milk producing cells and milk ducts.
- The accumulation of fat in breasts may also be a cause.
The usual symptoms for this ailment are:
- Breasts become large and swollen and experience itchiness.
- Nipples look large and dark and eventually become sore and sensitive.
- Stretch marks would be visible and are accompanied by intense itching.
- The size and shape of breasts, and the size of the rib cage as well, are bound to increase.
- However there are few other symptoms as well, like:
- Dark criss-crossing veins would be visible on the breasts.
- A feeling of heaviness in the breast may also occur besides a throbbing pain.
- A tingling sensation in the breasts would be felt during intercourse.
Besides the above symptoms, if cracked skin or open wounds have come to your notice, call your doctor and seek immediate medical attention.
7 Ways ToВ Ease The Trauma Of Itchy Breasts:
Since it is a part and parcel of pregnancy, avoiding this ordeal completely would be next to impossible. However, there are quite a few things that could offer some respite.
1. Invest your money in comfortable and supportive bras. Cotton bras are the best option as it would allow your breasts to breathe. Avoid lace and other synthetic fabrics.
2.В Try not to scratch the sensitive area too much. It could aggravate the itchiness and soreness.
3. Avoid hot showers and cease the usage of scented soaps or shower gels as these could make your skin dry and itchy. Use unscented and mild soaps instead.
4. Try using aloe gel or aloe based gel creams that are not greasy. This would prevent the tender skin of the nipples from sticking to your undergarments or clothes. Not doing this could make taking off your clothes a nightmare for you!
5. Apply an unscented moisturizer after bath or shower. Applying cocoa butter also provides immense relief.
6. You could also try putting ice for a while on the really itchy areas. This soothes the skin for a while, giving you some respite from the itchiness.
7. Stay away from the sun, as heat would amplify the itching.
If symptoms persist, see a doctor immediately. В TheВ doctor can prescribe the right kind of lotion for you to use to ease the irritation.
Clogged And Itchy Breasts:
In some cases, formation of lumps and bumps could be witnessed.
- This is due to the clogging of milk ducts in the breast.
- These lumps would be tender to touch and could be reduced with warm compresses and massages.
- A discussion with your doctor regarding the same would be advisable.
Breast tenderness and itching can be very discomforting. The pain mostly surfaces during a physical activity like exercising or even climbing stairs. Since its symptoms resembles other breast oriented issues, it is recommended to confirm the cause of this issue at once.
We hope you have been enlightened with the above commentary on can itchy breast be a sign of pregnancy. Please share your inputs and feedback regarding this subject in the section below.
Homeopathic remedies and homeopathy treatment for breast pain.
Breast pain is also known as mastalgia which means pain in the breast along with feeling discomfort or uneasiness. There are two main types of breast pain one is cyclic breast pain which is often associated with hormonal changes during the time of menstruation and another type is noncyclic breast pain which does not associate with any kind of menstrual disorder. Brest pain can caused due to various medical conditions.
Common causes of breast pain
- Injury or trauma – to the breast or surrounding tissue can cause breast pain.
- Breast cyst – usually causes unilateral pain.
- Acute breast abscess – local abscess along with marked tenderness.
- Mastitis – it is an infection of the breast tissue causes pain, swelling and redness.
- Pregnancy – causes tenderness along with pain.
- Lactation – breast pain my occur during the time of lactation while breast feeding.
- Breast cancer – common cause of breast pain. Lump in the breast is the most common presentation of ca breast.
- Premenstrual syndrome – breast pain along with tenderness and feeling of heaviness with other constitutional changes.
- Costochondritis – There is inflammation at the junction of ribs and sternum.
- Angina pectoris – It is a discomfort resulting from acute myocardial ischemia which, occurs when myocardial oxygen demand exceeds supply. Pain is usually retrosternal for a short time period.
- Engorgement – can cause enlargement of the milk producing cells produces pain.
Diagnosis of Pain in Breast
- Clinical examination – include examination of nipples, discharge from nipple, areola, examination of surrounding lymph nodes, swelling, tenderness, degree of pain, intrinsic mobility, any kind of changes in the breast etc.
· Complete blood count
- Pregnancy test – to rule out pregnancy.
- Chest x-ray – to detect pulmonary metastasis.
- Ultrasound – of the breast to diagnose solid cystic lesion.
- FNAC – to make cytological diagnosis.
- Biopsy – if FNAC is negative it can be done.
- Mammography – it should always be combined with clinical examination.
Treatment of Breast Pain
The treatment of breast pain depends upon the underlying cause.
Homeopathic treatment of breast pain – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat pain but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for breast pain treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following medicines which cover breast pain:
- Heper Sulph – inflammation with intense pain and throbbing pain.
- Belladonna – in early stage of inflammation when the parts are red and hard.
- Phytolacca – excellent remedy for hard cracks in mammae which may be due to.
- Kreosote – dwindling of mammae with small hard painful lumps.
- Bryonia – inflammation of the breast with pain due to consolidation of milk or any other reason.
- Conium – excellent remedy for breast pain due to indurations. Stitches of needles in left mammae with swelling and hardness.
- Bellis P. – inflammation with pain due to blow.
Allopathic treatment Of pain in breast – entirely depend upon cause and medical condition. .
Other methods of treatments include – Ayurveda, Relaxation therapy, Massage therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy, Psycho therapy etc.
Http://www. tvalsalam. tv/6517
Http://www. tandurust. com/pregnancy-childbirth/stabbing-pain-in-breast-during-pregnancy. html
Http://www. momjunction. com/articles/ways-ease-trauma-itching-breasts-pregnancy_0085549/