Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen in Males and Females
A number of pain delicate structures lie in the left lower quadrant of the abdomen. Pain can arise from the colon, urinary system, reproductive organs, vascular system and or stomach wall muscles. Sudden sharp pain in lower left abdomen can be more of a concern and depends upon both the gender and age of a person. Understanding the causes and treatments for sharp pain in lower left abdominal area ahead of time can help you better handle the condition.
Causes and Treatments for Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen
Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen can be during period or missed period, with back pain, after eating, when urinating or after urinating, when taking deep breath, in early pregnancy, when lying down, with gas, when running, by hip bone, with diarrhea, under ribs, with vomiting, with nausea, with blood in stool, after giving birth, with pain in anus, after intercourse, after c section, with dizziness, with constipation, with groin, etc.
Main causes, symptoms and related treatment described below for men and women.
1. Bladder cancer
Danger for bladder cancer increases with age, smoking and specific occupations that utilize aniline dyes and radiation.
- Surgery, radiation and chemotherapy can be utilized to deal with bladder cancer.
- Keep in mind that early medical diagnosis and treatment is constantly for the very best.
2. Ectopic pregnancy
Left (or right) lower abdominal area pain in any pregnant woman is a cause for issue. Ectopic pregnancy is a health issue during pregnancy which takes place when the fertilized egg is implanted in other parts of the female reproductive system aside from the uterus. Look for prompt medical interest.
- Sudden, sharp or extreme left lower abdominal area pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Blood loss causes weak point, lightheadedness and fainting
- Trigger diagnosis is necessary in this cause.
- Surgery or methrotrexate (drug) therapy can be applied for selected cases
3. Kidney stone
A variety of kinds of stones can take place. Particular factors such as genetics, dehydration and diet can predispose to establishing kidney stones.
- Unexpected onset of unbearable pain
- Pain may radiate from flank to decrease left (or right) abdomen
- Bloody or pink urine
- Smaller stones can be treated with pain control and hydration.
- Bigger stones might require surgical reduction or destruction making use of lithotripsy (sound waves) or laser damage.
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
This common condition leads to lower stomach pain and the precise cause is unidentified. An underlying dysfunction of the intestinal tract creates the signs.
- Anxiety management, diet modification, exercise are common remedies, which can also lower future danger of establishing IBS.
- Medication treatment if needed for severe constipation or diarrhea.
5. Urinary system infection
Urinary system infections or UTI is a medical condition where infection happens in the bladder, urethra or kidneys. Germs are the normal cause and as they grow and multiply, signs rapidly develop.
- Sharp pain in the left lower abdomen or bladder area
- Urinating regularly and in smaller sized amounts
- Strong smelling or cloudy urine
- Burning pain when urinating
- Consume plenty of water to flush the urinary tract
- Antibiotic medication from a physician
- Cranberry juice or pills to reduce symptoms
Diverticulitis is an inflammatory condition which affects the diverticula in the digestion system.
- Constraining, hurting, sharp pain in the left lower abdominal areas
- Blood in stool
- Nausea, and fever
- Severe pain as condition advances
- Mild cases treated with prescription antibiotics, pain control and diet adjustment.
- Prevent nuts, seeds and popcorn
7. Intestinal gas
Gas is among the most typical factors for left lower abdomen pain. Gas builds up triggers distention and the extending of the gut is viewed as pain. Most of us create approximately 4 pints of gas per day and expel it usually of 14 times a day.
- Left lower abdominal area pain
- Bloating and gas
- Queasiness, burping & flatus
- Expel gas as it develops
- OTC anti-gas medications
- Diet adjustment to avoid trigger foods
8. Other causes
A number of possible other causes can lead to left lower abdominal pain. Vascular disasters such as obstruction or rupture of a blood vessel are the most serious and instantly life threatening. A ruptured stomach aortic aneurysm can lead to sudden pain radiating to the left lower abdominal areas and back. Any severe or abrupt reason for pain in the left lower abdominal areas that is accompanied by a sensation of passing out mandated emerging medical interest.
Bladder infection, kidney infections, colon cancer, muscle injuries, hernia, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm
Lower left abdominal pain in men
Epididymitis, testicular torsion, prostate infection
Ovulation, menstruation, ovarian torsion, tubo-ovarian abscess, pelvic inflammatory illness, endometriosis
How to Prevent Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen
Constantly use sound judgment when confronted with stomach pain. Severe pain, fever and ongoing vomiting are possible indications of a more severe problem.
Follow these basic guidelines to avoid sharp pain in lower left abdomen :
- Seek medical assessment when severe abdominal pain accompanies nausea, vomiting, and difficulty passing urine or bloody urine or fever.
- Losing consciousness due to severe stomach pain requires calling 911, particularly in elderly persons.
- Severe abdominal pain and bleeding in a pregnant person needs emergent evaluation
- Do not take pain medication without very first consulting with a health care service provider.
- Avoid herbal or natural remedies unless the precise reason for left lower stomach pain is known.
- Whenever in doubt, seeking evaluation by a medical professional is the best choice when experiencing abdominal pain.
New Health Advisor
Tender or swollen breasts is one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy. You may experience it within a couple of weeks after conception. However, some women don’t experience sore breasts in early pregnancy and often worry if everything is fine. Should you worry if you notice no changes in your breasts during pregnancy? Let’s find out more about it.
Is It Normal to Have No Sore Breasts in Early Pregnancy?
Yes, it is normal. Breast tenderness is common, but its absence in early pregnancy does not indicate a problem.
Your breasts become enlarged when your body prepares for pregnancy, and this enlargement could lead to breast tenderness and soreness. Moreover, a rise in progesterone hormones in early pregnancy can also lead to breast tenderness, as it leads to fluid retention in your breasts.
However, this does not automatically qualify to the fact that your breasts are not preparing for pregnancy if they are not sore. Every woman is different, and the same is true for every pregnancy. You may experience signs of pregnancy in a different way as compared to other women.
Having no sore breasts in early pregnancy is sometimes a matter of a different pain threshold. Moreover, some pregnant women experience breast tenderness early and it stays late, but other women may notice breast tenderness late in their pregnancy and that soreness may not last very long. Both situations are normal, but you can certainly check with your doctor for more reassurance.
You Are Not Alone
“You should not worry because I experienced no breast soreness in the first few weeks. It finally appeared in my 8 th week and my boobs are really killing me since.”
“I experienced no breast soreness with my first child, but the pain is unbearable with this pregnancy. Just keep in mind that there is no real definition of normal as every pregnancy is different.”
“I had no sore breasts in early pregnancy and that made me worry. I have had an ultrasound and everything is fine. Even though there was no breast soreness in early pregnancy, there was fatigue, nausea, and other signs. Many women say that breast tenderness is the earliest sign of pregnancy, but that does not seem to be the case with me.”
“You should stop worrying about your breasts not being swollen or tender. In my case, breast tenderness comes and goes. I feel a bit concerned when it goes away, but then it returns. I have actually become used to this cycle. While it does not make great sense to me as to why it all happens, my doctors has told me to relax and stop sweating about it. It is just normal.”
Look for Other Signs of Pregnancy
No sore breasts in early pregnancy does not mean that there is something wrong, especially when there are other signs of pregnancy.
Some other common pregnancy signs are food cravings, missed periods, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, increased urination, cramping, constipation, and mood swings. Morning sickness is a common issue in early pregnancy, and usually hits you soon after the pregnancy starts. It may continue to bother you until the fifth month of pregnancy.
What Are the Real Signs of Miscarriage?
No sore breasts doesn’t mean miscarriage. It is true that most miscarriages take place in the first trimester of pregnancy, so you ought to feel concerned when something does not seem normal. Check the real signs of miscarriage, such as the following:
- Vaginal Bleeding: It is possible to experience some spotting during pregnancy, but heavy vaginal bleeding may indicate a loss of pregnancy. However, some women do not experience heavy bleeding even after a miscarriage.
- Pain: You may have to worry a bit if you have heavy vaginal bleeding along with pain in your abdominal region. You may actually experience different types of pain, including pelvic cramping, belly pain, and pain that radiates from the back.
- Blood Clots: You should see your doctor immediately if you have vaginal bleeding along with pain and blood clots.
Middle back pain early pregnancy?
Discover AMAZING Cure to middle back pain early pregnancy!
Tag Archives: lower back pain during pregnancy
Middle back pain early pregnancy | unbearable back pain during pregnancy
What Causes Back Pain During Pregnancy
Back ache is a successive objection among pregnant ladies, however what causes it and when would it be a good idea for you to really get concerned?
Expanding levels of pregnancy hormones relax your ligaments in readiness for labor, when your introduction to the world waterway will need to stretch in place for the child to pass through. As your infant creates and develops, it puts expanding strain on the ligaments that hold the uterus set up bringing about mellow back torment.
Lifting or strenuous activity might likewise start the onset of back ache. In the event that you have encountered issues with back ache before pregnancy, anticipate that it will intensify throughout pregnancy.
Back ache might additionally be identified with an issue with sacroiliac joint which is likewise influenced by softening ligaments. This kind of back torment may be direct to extreme.
Sciatic back aches are an alternate regular protestation. This happens when the heap of sciatic nerves that limb off the end of your spine and pass through your hip joint get squeezed and excited. The ensuing back torment feels like a sharp electric shock that passes through the cheeks of your bottom, ordinarily on one side or the other.
At the point when would it be a good idea for you to get worried about back torment?
1. At the point when sciatic back torment gets to be severe to the point that you experience issues strolling. You may even encounter a few shortcoming in the leg on the same side as your sciatic agony. Non-intrusive treatment and certain non-strenuous activities can help free the sciatic nerves, reduce your back agony, and restore your capability to walk ordinarily.
2. Relentless low back torment joined by weight on your pelvic floor may be an indication of approaching work. Attempt to figure out whether you can feel any real withdrawals as contact your specialist if your back agony perseveres.
3. Back agony joined by extreme cramping and vaginal draining may be an indication of approaching unnatural birth cycle. Contact your specialist and head to the clinic at once.
Some back agony is normal in most circumstances throughout pregnancy, however in the event that your back ache is constant or your back torment gets insufferable, don’t dither to look for therapeutic support.
Medical Information, Health News & Tools.
- Home >
- Pregnancy >
- Is Cramping Period-Like in Early Pregnancy?
Is Cramping Period-Like in Early Pregnancy?
Nearly one third of pregnant women experience abdominal cramps during the early stages of their pregnancy. Cramping pains can range from mild to severe. Despite being a normal symptom associated with pregnancy, cramps can be quite frightening for women. This is often the case for those who experience a sudden burning pain in their lower abdomen that may be accompanied by spotting, nausea, or leg cramps.
What Causes Cramps?
Period like cramps in early pregnancy may be the result of implantation, which occurs approximately 10 to 14 days after ovulation. This is when the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine lining. It can cause both pain and/or light vaginal bleeding or spotting.
Constipation is another early pregnancy symptom that may feel like cramping. It is usually associated with gas pains or bloating.
Stretching of the round uterine ligaments can also cause abdominal pain, most commonly on the right side. Ligament pain is symptomatic of normal changes that occur in your body to accommodate pregnancy. Pain is often experienced as a result of normal movements that cause the ligaments holding your uterus in suspension to contract quickly. These contractions are experienced as abdominal pain or cramping. Round ligament pain frequently occurs in the second trimester. While this is a normal pregnancy symptom, women may assume that they are experiencing round abdominal pain when there is actually an underlying condition requiring medical intervention. If the pain is particularly severe and associated with symptoms such as fever, chills, painful urination, or difficulty walking, seek emergency care.
Warning Signs of Miscarriage
A miscarriage is a spontaneous event that results in the early termination of pregnancy. It usually occurs before 20 to 22 weeks of pregnancy and the cause may remain unknown.
Sever abdominal cramps early into pregnancy may indicate miscarriage. These cramping pains are often difficult to bear and typically last from 5-20 minutes. Cramps are usually accompanied by excessive bleeding.
Beyond severe abdominal cramps, other miscarriage symptoms include:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, including pieces of blood clots or placental or fetal tissue (a definite indication of miscarriage)
- Heavy bleeding may occur without cramps for some women
- Abnormal weight loss
- Brownish or pink vaginal discharge
- Decreased breast tenderness
- Decreased morning sickness
- Loss of a fetal heartbeat
- Sudden absence of fetal movement
Pregnant women who experience these signs and symptoms must immediately consult a doctor or go to the emergency department to obtain appropriate care.
An ectopic pregnancy is another possible cause of abnormal abdominal cramps in early pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg is implanted in the fallopian tube, cervix, or abdomen instead of the uterus. Signs and symptoms include unbearable cramping, pelvic pain, headache, fever, dizziness, and blood clots in the urine. Ectopic pregnancy can threaten the life of the mother, so women who experience these symptoms should be taken to the hospital immediately.
To relieve period like cramps in early pregnancy, pregnant women should rest on their side until the cramping ceases. Placing a warm water bottle on the abdomen may also relieve pain. A massage may also be helpful.
If your abdominal pain is accompanied by additional symptoms including urinary problems, fever, and chills, then you may have a urinary tract infection. You will need to go to a doctor for proper treatment.
To relieve cramps associated with constipation, increase fluid intake and consume a fiber-rich diet of fruits and vegetables.
If cramps are more severe and accompanied by heavy bleeding, call your doctor immediately. Proper diagnosis and treatment are necessary to avoid complications.
Http://www. newhealthadvisor. com/no-sore-breasts-in-early-pregnancy. html
Http://middlebackpainearlypregnancy. wordpress. com/tag/lower-back-pain-during-pregnancy/
Http://www. medguidance. com/thread/Period-Like-Cramps-in-Early-Pregnancy. html