Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen in Males and Females
A number of pain delicate structures lie in the left lower quadrant of the abdomen. Pain can arise from the colon, urinary system, reproductive organs, vascular system and or stomach wall muscles. Sudden sharp pain in lower left abdomen can be more of a concern and depends upon both the gender and age of a person. Understanding the causes and treatments for sharp pain in lower left abdominal area ahead of time can help you better handle the condition.
Causes and Treatments for Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen
Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen can be during period or missed period, with back pain, after eating, when urinating or after urinating, when taking deep breath, in early pregnancy, when lying down, with gas, when running, by hip bone, with diarrhea, under ribs, with vomiting, with nausea, with blood in stool, after giving birth, with pain in anus, after intercourse, after c section, with dizziness, with constipation, with groin, etc.
Main causes, symptoms and related treatment described below for men and women.
1. Bladder cancer
Danger for bladder cancer increases with age, smoking and specific occupations that utilize aniline dyes and radiation.
- Surgery, radiation and chemotherapy can be utilized to deal with bladder cancer.
- Keep in mind that early medical diagnosis and treatment is constantly for the very best.
2. Ectopic pregnancy
Left (or right) lower abdominal area pain in any pregnant woman is a cause for issue. Ectopic pregnancy is a health issue during pregnancy which takes place when the fertilized egg is implanted in other parts of the female reproductive system aside from the uterus. Look for prompt medical interest.
- Sudden, sharp or extreme left lower abdominal area pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Blood loss causes weak point, lightheadedness and fainting
- Trigger diagnosis is necessary in this cause.
- Surgery or methrotrexate (drug) therapy can be applied for selected cases
3. Kidney stone
A variety of kinds of stones can take place. Particular factors such as genetics, dehydration and diet can predispose to establishing kidney stones.
- Unexpected onset of unbearable pain
- Pain may radiate from flank to decrease left (or right) abdomen
- Bloody or pink urine
- Smaller stones can be treated with pain control and hydration.
- Bigger stones might require surgical reduction or destruction making use of lithotripsy (sound waves) or laser damage.
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
This common condition leads to lower stomach pain and the precise cause is unidentified. An underlying dysfunction of the intestinal tract creates the signs.
- Anxiety management, diet modification, exercise are common remedies, which can also lower future danger of establishing IBS.
- Medication treatment if needed for severe constipation or diarrhea.
5. Urinary system infection
Urinary system infections or UTI is a medical condition where infection happens in the bladder, urethra or kidneys. Germs are the normal cause and as they grow and multiply, signs rapidly develop.
- Sharp pain in the left lower abdomen or bladder area
- Urinating regularly and in smaller sized amounts
- Strong smelling or cloudy urine
- Burning pain when urinating
- Consume plenty of water to flush the urinary tract
- Antibiotic medication from a physician
- Cranberry juice or pills to reduce symptoms
Diverticulitis is an inflammatory condition which affects the diverticula in the digestion system.
- Constraining, hurting, sharp pain in the left lower abdominal areas
- Blood in stool
- Nausea, and fever
- Severe pain as condition advances
- Mild cases treated with prescription antibiotics, pain control and diet adjustment.
- Prevent nuts, seeds and popcorn
7. Intestinal gas
Gas is among the most typical factors for left lower abdomen pain. Gas builds up triggers distention and the extending of the gut is viewed as pain. Most of us create approximately 4 pints of gas per day and expel it usually of 14 times a day.
- Left lower abdominal area pain
- Bloating and gas
- Queasiness, burping & flatus
- Expel gas as it develops
- OTC anti-gas medications
- Diet adjustment to avoid trigger foods
8. Other causes
A number of possible other causes can lead to left lower abdominal pain. Vascular disasters such as obstruction or rupture of a blood vessel are the most serious and instantly life threatening. A ruptured stomach aortic aneurysm can lead to sudden pain radiating to the left lower abdominal areas and back. Any severe or abrupt reason for pain in the left lower abdominal areas that is accompanied by a sensation of passing out mandated emerging medical interest.
Bladder infection, kidney infections, colon cancer, muscle injuries, hernia, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm
Lower left abdominal pain in men
Epididymitis, testicular torsion, prostate infection
Ovulation, menstruation, ovarian torsion, tubo-ovarian abscess, pelvic inflammatory illness, endometriosis
How to Prevent Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen
Constantly use sound judgment when confronted with stomach pain. Severe pain, fever and ongoing vomiting are possible indications of a more severe problem.
Follow these basic guidelines to avoid sharp pain in lower left abdomen :
- Seek medical assessment when severe abdominal pain accompanies nausea, vomiting, and difficulty passing urine or bloody urine or fever.
- Losing consciousness due to severe stomach pain requires calling 911, particularly in elderly persons.
- Severe abdominal pain and bleeding in a pregnant person needs emergent evaluation
- Do not take pain medication without very first consulting with a health care service provider.
- Avoid herbal or natural remedies unless the precise reason for left lower stomach pain is known.
- Whenever in doubt, seeking evaluation by a medical professional is the best choice when experiencing abdominal pain.
What can cause a dull, aching pain in the left side of the lower stomach?
A dull, aching pain on the left side of the lower stomach could indicate inflammation, intestinal disorders, infection or abnormal growths, according to Healthline. Dull, aching pain in the lower stomach and abdomen also could be a result of inflammatory or digestion diseases.
What are some reasons you can have stomach pain?
What are some causes of pain on the left side of the stomach?
What are some causes of left side rib pain?
Although abdominal and lower stomach pain can be generalized and travel to both sides, pain that is isolated to the left side could indicate severe conditions such as cancer, ovarian cysts, appendicitis, Crohn’s disease, kidney infections and types of cancer, according to Healthline. If the pain is focused on the upper left side of the stomach, it may be due to injury, fecal impaction, an enlarged spleen or a heart attack.
Diseases with symptoms that include dull, aching pain in the lower stomach include gastroesophageal reflux disease, types of the flu, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance and Crohn’s disease, also known as inflammatory bowel disease, according to Healthline. Additional causes of pain in the abdomen and left, lower stomach area include diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, kidney infections and stress.
Women often experience dull, aching pain in the lower stomach during menstruation with an onset of cramps, according to Healthline. Various infections in the blood, throat and intestines stimulate bacteria that enter the digestive tract, which can cause lower abdominal and stomach pain.
Aching pain on left side of stomach during pregnancy
Nutrition & Weight Q&A. Pregnancy Pains & Discomforts Q&A. Pregnancy Health & Wellness Q&A.
8 weeks pregnant pain left side stomach
Sharp pain in left side of stomach 8 weeks pregnant.
13 Causes of Pregnant Pain on Left Side – EnkiVeryWell
This can be painful any time you get one.
Early pregnancy pain on left side – MedHelp
Common Questions and Answers about Early pregnancy pain on left side. pregnant. Everything does seem to happen earlier the second time around, but I agree that 4 weeks is a bit early for round ligament pain.
You are 6 weeks pregnant and am having a pain on left side of.
Is pain in your left side normal in the first trimester? It could be nothing or it could be gas or it could be something that needs to be looked at. Call your doctor and they will be able to answer your questions better. … I was Only 8 weeks pregnant with the same symptoms on my right side.
Pain in Left Sides While Pregnant: Causes and Remedies
Braxton hick’s contractions are a common cause of pain on the left side during the period from mid-pregnancy to thirty-seven weeks.
Best way to get pregnant after implant, pregnant chest pain on left.
. chest pain on left side, pregnancy health history genogram, pregnancy and birth quiz questions quotes, stages of pregnancy 3 weeks late, fertility
22 weeks pregnant, pain on left side?! – BabyGaga
Hi, I'm 22 weeks pregnant and just about 30 minutes ago I started feeling this pain on my left side. It's at the bottom of the rib cage right on the side. I'm feeling the baby move around alot so I'm sure the baby's fine. I'm just worried about this side pain.
8 weeks pregnant cramping on right side
I am 8 weeks pregnant as well. I get the mild cramping – at times more often then others. And once in awhile I get a real sharp pain in my lower left sometimes right side.
10 Causes of Pregnant Pain on Left Side – CoveVille
5 Some useful tips for relieving pregnant pain on left side. 6 Resources. Some Common Causes.
Abdomen Pain in Pregnancy Causes | Stomach Ache during Pregnancy
Question: I’m 5 months pregnant and sometime feel abdominal pain. Does it have something to do with the baby? Can the gender of my baby be determined at this stage? When can I find out the gender of my baby?
Causes of abdominal pain during pregnancy
At the gestational age of 5 months your baby would weigh approximately 1 pound and be about 7.5 inches long. Organ-genesis is completed and hence by now the reproductive organs are also fully developed.
The gender of your child can be determined after the gestational age of 3 months.
Abdominal pain is common and observed due to physiological and structure changes taking place in the mother’s uterus. During the second trimester (i. e. 4 to 6 months) the ligaments that support the uterus get stretched, as the fetus increases in size. This causes the dull aching pain across the belly; occasionally the pain may be sharp and stitching in nature. False contractions or irregular tightening of the uterus occurs due to excessive straining or taking long walks.
Some simple tips to be followed to Reduce abdominal pain are,
- Don’t change positions quickly and avoid turning sharply especially at the waist
- Pressure will relieve pain
- Hot fomentation will help especially the lower part of your abdomen
- Remain hydrated
Abdominal pain is also accompanied with back pain, which is commonly due to change in the posture of the body, poor mechanics, fatigue, hormonal changes, etc.
The other pathological causes of abdominal pain during pregnancy included urinary tract infection, placental detachment, preterm labor, miscarriage, pre-eclampsia, etc. If the pains are severe and persistent in nature and accompanied with other symptoms like fever, chills, nausea, etc, it is always advisable to visit your medical consultant, without delay.
Http://www. reference. com/health/can-cause-dull-aching-pain-left-side-lower-stomach-bdd9c8f5b86197ce
Http://www. tandurust. com/pregnancy-childbirth/treat-abdominal-pains-during-pregnancy. html